QphoX is looking to hire an experienced Quantum Scientist/Engineer to design and develop integrated non-linear conversion devices between various wavelengths. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with strong engineering principles, resourcefulness, and deep expertise. Organization and communication skills are essential.
Quantum photonics engineer (M/f/d)
QphoX is a recently established (February 2021) spin-off company from TU Delft, developing and building quantum technology that will allow quantum computers to network together. We are a very dynamic and highly motivated growing team, with a very positive and exciting work environment. At QphoX we strive to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to learn, to live their passion and do their best work.
We are dedicated to promoting equality, creating a safe environment for everyone, and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, socioeconomic background and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. We truly think diversity is a strength and working in a diverse environment, and being exposed to a variety of perspectives makes us stronger as a team and better human beings.
Benefits and other perks of working with us
Employment stock ownership plan
Generous leave policy - 25 days on a full-time basis
Opportunities to network and connect
Send us a message about yourself and we'll reach out for your resume and more information.
You will be involved in:
- Design of integrated nonlinear photonic devices
- Simulations of next-generation integrated optical devices
- Analyzing, summarizing, and sharing your results.
- Working in collaboration with fabrication, measurement and simulation scientists.
You are suitable for this role if you have or are:
- Experience with design, simulation, and measurement of photonics devices and integrated photonics.
- Good understanding of quantum optics and non-linear optics.
- Experienced with FDTD or frequency domain optical simulation softwares (e.g. COMSOL, ANSYS Lumerical, MEEP).
- Proficient in Python for data acquisition and analysis.
- Effective working in a team environment with other engineers, scientists and technicians who have a wide range of expertise.
- Proven experimental track record.
Supplementary skills set:
- Experience in cleanroom fabrication processes of photonics components.
- Experience working with PPLN waveguides/cavities.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate would be self-motivated, self-organized on assigned tasks, and have a sense of their responsibilities. They would be excited to work at the boundary between design, fabrication and measurement and keep track of the device development lifecycle. Teamwork is an essential value of our company, hence fitting into the team is crucial. They would have to feel positive working in a fast-paced learning environment. We strongly encourage people of any underrepresented group (e.g. gender, socioeconomic, disabilities, orientation, etc.) to apply.
Education level required:
PhD or equivalent practical experience in Quantum Optics/ Photonics
Robert Stockill (He/Him) CTO, firstname.lastname@example.org