QphoX is looking to hire a Junior Photonics Scientist/Engineer to help build a photon converter including characterization, packaging, and fiber coupling. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with sharp engineering principles, resourcefulness, and initiative. Organization and communication skills are essential.
Junior photonics engineer (M/f/d)
QphoX is a recently established (February 2021) spin-off company from TU Delft, developing and building quantum technology that will allow quantum computers to network together. We are a very dynamic and highly motivated growing team, with a very positive and exciting work environment. At QphoX we strive to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to learn, to live their passion and do their best work.
We are dedicated to promoting equality, creating a safe environment for everyone, and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, socioeconomic background and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. We truly think diversity is a strength and working in a diverse environment, and being exposed to a variety of perspectives makes us stronger as a team and better human beings.
Benefits and other perks of working with us
Employment stock ownership plan
Generous leave policy - 25 days on a full-time basis
Opportunities to network and connect
Send us a message about yourself and we'll reach out for your resume and more information.
You will be involved in:
- Developing optical interfaces to integrated conversion devices
- Design and testing of novel integrated multiplexing hardware
- Analyzing, summarizing, and sharing your results.
- Working in collaboration with fabrication, measurement and simulation scientists.
You are suitable for this role if you have or are:
- Experience measurement of photonics devices and integrated photonics
- Experience lab work
- Proficient in coding for data acquisition, measurement and analysis.
- Effective working in a team environment with other engineers, scientists and technicians who have a wide range of technical skill levels.
Supplementary skills set:
- Experience with non-linear optical measurements
- Understanding of quantum optics and non-linear optics.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate would be self-motivated, self-organized towards their responsibilities, and take a rigorous approach to their work. Finally, they would have to feel positive working in a fast-paced learning environment. We strongly encourage people of any underrepresented group (e.g. gender, socioeconomic, disabilities, orientation, etc.) to apply. QphoX is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
Education level required:
Master or equivalent practical experience in Optics/ Photonics
Matthew Weaver (He/Him) Lead Quantum Engineer, email@example.com