QphoX is looking to hire a new teammate to join us in developing and building our next generation of quantum transduction devices. We are a team with many nationalities and educational backgrounds. We are looking for motivated candidates with experience in simulation and design of silicon-based nanostructures and proficient in Python programming. Knowledge of nanofabrication methods and cryogenic measurements is a bonus.
Quantum device Scientist (M/f/d)
QphoX is a recently established (February 2021) spin-off company from TU Delft, developing and building quantum technology that will allow quantum computers to network together. We are a very dynamic and highly motivated growing team, with a very positive and exciting work environment. At QphoX we strive to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to learn, to live their passion and do their best work.
We are dedicated to promoting equality, creating a safe environment for everyone, and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, socioeconomic background and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. We truly think diversity is a strength and working in a diverse environment, and being exposed to a variety of perspectives makes us stronger as a team and better human beings.
Benefits and other perks of working with us
Generous leave policy - 25 days on a full-time basis
Employment stock ownership plan
Opportunities to network and connect
Send us a message about yourself and we'll reach out for your resume and more information.
You will be involved in:
- Design of integrated microwave-to-optics transducers.
- Simulation of novel device geometries.
- Being involved in measurements and characterization of devices.
- Analyzing, summarizing, and sharing your results.
- Working in collaboration with fabrication, measurement and simulation scientists and engineers.
You are suitable for this role if you have or are:
- Experience with design and simulation of photonic nanostructures.
- Experience with COMSOL simulations and COMSOL programming.
- Proficiency with Python for scientific use (data analysis and presentation).
- Proficiency with Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team of engineers, scientists, and technicians.
Supplementary skills set:
- Experience in cleanroom fabrication of silicon nanostructures.
- Experience with cryogenic measurements.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate is excited to work at the boundaries between fields. They would be self-motivated, self-organized on assigned tasks, and have a sense of their responsibilities. Teamwork is an essential value of our company, hence fitting into the team is crucial. Finally, they would have to feel positive working in a fast-paced learning environment. We strongly encourage people of any underrepresented group (e.g. gender, socioeconomic, disabilities, orientation, etc.) to apply. QphoX is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
Education level required:
Robert Stockill (He/Him), CTO, firstname.lastname@example.org