QphoX is looking for a new teammate to join us in developing and designing our quantum modems. We are a team with many nationalities and educational backgrounds. We are looking to expand our device integration team with a Design Engineer.
design engineer (M/f/d)
QphoX is a recently established (February 2021) spin-off company from TU Delft, developing and building quantum technology that will allow quantum computers to network together. We are a very dynamic and highly motivated growing team, with a very positive and exciting work environment. At QphoX we strive to be an inclusive place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to learn, to live their passion and do their best work.
We are dedicated to promoting equality, creating a safe environment for everyone, and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, socioeconomic background and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. We truly think diversity is a strength and working in a diverse environment, and being exposed to a variety of perspectives makes us stronger as a team and better human beings.
Benefits and other perks of working with us
Employment stock ownership plan
Generous leave policy - 25 days on a full-time basis
Opportunities to network and connect
Send us a message about yourself and we'll reach out for your resume and more information.
You will be involved in:
- Organizing and maintaining the codebase for the design and simulation of the devices.
- Automating the design and simulation process, gathering and analysing data.
- Being involved in new device development.
- Learning about photonics and cryogenics.
- Analyzing, summarizing, and sharing your results.
- Working in collaboration with fabrication, measurement and simulation scientists.
You are suitable for this role if you have or are:
- Proficiency with Python for scientific use (data analysis and presentation)
- Proficiency with Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
- An organized and rigorous working style.
- Ability to come up with practical actions to deal with issues.
- No experience in or knowledge of quantum physics is required.
Supplementary skills set:
- Knowledge of COMSOL and COMSOL programming interface.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Our ideal candidate is excited to work at the boundaries between fields. They would be self-motivated, self-organized on assigned tasks, and have a sense of their responsibilities. Teamwork is an essential value of our company, hence fitting into the team is crucial. Finally, they would have to feel positive working in a fast-paced learning environment. We strongly encourage people of any underrepresented group (e.g. gender, socioeconomic, disabilities, orientation, etc.) to apply. QphoX is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
Education level required:
BSc or MSc
Federico Berto (He/Him) Senior Scientist, firstname.lastname@example.org